Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Acoustic Electric Guitar Review :: Ovation Acoustic-Electric Guitar
features a preamp that’s the envy of every guitarmaker in its class.
The Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Acoustic Electric Guitar is meticulously crafted with a bookmatched solid spruce soundboard mated to a super-shallow bowl. The Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer is an instrument of unmatched value: solid spruce top; mahogany neck; hand rubbed finish; a preamp that’s the envy of every guitarmaker in its class. The EQ of Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer is so flexible. EQ on/off, Midshift, pre-shape which cuts the mid and boosts the lows and highs. Bass mid high equalizer control. Volume control. All these buttons gives you almost complete control at a press of a button. This guitar is the most traditional Ovation guitar and the most popular USA-made model. This guitar will definitely withstand live playing, afterall that’s what it was designed to do! You won’t be dissapointed.
- a very nice, well balanced sound;
- the preamp is easy to use;
- the strings felt lighter;
- the sound, feel and worksmanship is much better than other acoustic;
- finish on frets very clean, no finish flaws;
- looks like it will last.
- some owners complained that the spacing between the strings is considerably greater on this guitar;
- some owners complained about “V” shape of the neck;
- it does not have the greatest tone when not amplified.
- you can use D’Addario EJ15 Phospher Bronze’s strings;
- sounds even better when plugged in;
- use with DigiTech amp;
- works best with light-gauge phosphor/bronze strings.
Amps used by users – Digitech RP100
|Features + Technical Specs|
|Body Type||S/Shallow Cutaway|
|Top||A Grade Spruce|
|Pickup||OP30, Thinline Under-Sadle|
|Scale Length||25 1/4|
|Fret Inlay||Pearl Dots|
|Finishes||Natural, Black, Cherry-Cherryburst|