Gibson ES-335 Dot Reissue Guitar Review
sweet sound on jazz, blues, or rock
The Gibson ES-335 Dot Reissue Electric Guitar is a legendary instrument that has been revered for its unique blend of hollowbody and solidbody characteristics since its introduction in 1958. This guitar has stood the test of time and remains one of the all-time classic designs in the music industry.
At the heart of the ES-335 Dot Reissue are the dual ’57 Classic humbucking pickups, which deliver a wide range of tones from full-bodied growls to singing sustain, making it incredibly versatile for various musical genres, including jazz, blues, and rock. The laminated maple top, back, and rims, along with the single-ply binding on the top and back, contribute to its distinctive appearance and rich tone.
The neck of the ES-335 Dot Reissue is crafted from a single piece of mahogany and features a thin tapered 1960s profile, making it comfortable to play for extended periods. The 22-fret rosewood fingerboard is adorned with pearloid dot inlays and single-ply binding, adding to its elegant aesthetic. The Grover kidney tuners provide reliable and precise tuning stability, while the ABR-1 bridge and stopbar tailpiece ensure optimal intonation and sustain.
Available in a range of finishes, including Cherry, Antique Natural, Beale Street Blue, Light Burst, Ebony, Vintage Sunburst, and Wine Red, the ES-335 Dot Reissue is a visually stunning instrument that is sure to turn heads on stage or in the studio. It also comes with a black levant hardshell case for secure transportation and storage.
In conclusion, the Gibson ES-335 Dot Reissue Electric Guitar is a true masterpiece that embodies the rich heritage of Gibson guitars. Its unique combination of hollowbody tradition and solidbody performance, along with its versatile tonal capabilities, make it a top choice for professional musicians and guitar enthusiasts alike. Whether you’re playing jazz, blues, or rock, the ES-335 Dot Reissue delivers a sweet sound that is unmatched by any other guitar, making it a timeless classic that continues to captivate players around the world.
Features and technical specifications for the Gibson ES-335 guitar:
Body & Hardware:
- Figure or plain (ebony finish only) laminated maple top, back, and rims
- 16.5″ (W) x 20″ (L) x 1.75″ (D) body size
- Single-ply binding on top and back
- Nickel hardware
- ABR-1 bridge, stopbar tailpiece
- Black tophat knobs
Neck & Headstock:
- 1-piece mahogany neck
- 22 fret rosewood fingerboard
- Width at 12th fret: 2.062″
- Peghead pitch: 17°
- Thickness at 1st fret: 0.800″
- Thickness at 12th fret: 0.875″
- Heel length: 0.500″
- Neck joint location: 19th fret
- Headstock inlay: Holly
- Pearloid dot inlays
- Single-ply binding
- 1960 slim taper neck profile
- 24 3/4″ scale length; 1 11/16″ nut width
- Grover kidney tuners
Electronics & Strings:
- ’57 Classic humbucking pickups
- 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way selector switch
- Brite Wire .010-.046 strings
- Cherry, Antique Natural, Beale Street Blue, Light Burst, Ebony, Vintage Sunburst, Wine Red
- Includes black levant case
- Exterior: Black smooth levant hardshell
- Interior: Charcoal Plush
- Silkscreen: Gold ‘Gibson’ logo
- Available left-handed